This policy outlines what information we may collect and hold about you. It also includes how we collect the information and how it is used. There is also details to advise you how you can access and update the information held about you.
Who we are
Credit Style Limited is a privately-owned business based in the UK providing credit management, debt collection and debt litigation services to client businesses.
References in legal notices and elsewhere on our website to Credit Style means Credit Style Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates and trading divisions.
We are registered under, and handle personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection legislation. Credit Style Limited is registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Data Protection Register under number Z1040109.
The provision of our services requires us to process personal information about our clients’ customers. This personal information is provided to us by our client, who is the Data Controller. Additional information we collect in the process of providing our services is also controlled by our client. In this context, Credit Style is a data processor.
For further details about who controls the information we process, please contact us on the details provided below.
Information we collect
Type of personal data provided to us by our client include:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- Financial Details (including bank account numbers and balances)
- Special needs
- Residency and property ownership
In addition, we collect information from emails, letters and ‘phone calls. Information about you is also sent to us from public sources or third parties such as trace agencies or field agents.
What we do with your information
We will store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Debt collection and other business and client communication;
- to contact you;
- to process payments and to service, update and administer your account;
- to update our clients regarding changes to your personal details; and
- to prevent money laundering or fraud
We only share your personal information with third parties for the sole purpose of fulfilling our services, with your agreement. We will only share the minimum information required to fulfill this purpose and all personal information will be destroyed securely and safely as soon as it is no longer required.
How we keep your information secure
To ensure the security of all customer information held by Credit Style, we implement and maintain physical, electronic and procedural controls to protect the privacy of your personal and account information.
The data that we collect and process will not be transferred to or stored at a destination outside of the EEA and/or processed by staff operating outside of the EEA.
Retention of information
We will only retain the information in our possession for as long as it may be required by the Data Controller, or to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
Our records that contain your information are archived twelve months after the date on which we ceased processing and marked our records as ‘Closed’. They are deleted five years later.
Who we share your information with
- We may be obligated to disclose your personal information to third parties:
If we are obligated to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations;
- To employees and third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy, or to those who are contracted to provide us with services, such as trace and field agents.
You have the right to:
- Be informed that processing is being undertaken
- Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal information (‘right to be forgotten’)
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party such as our client) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground
- Data portability so that you can obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- Not be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing, including profiling, where that decision has a legal effect on you, or produces a similarly significant effect
If you notify us that you wish to exercise your rights we will seek instructions from our client, who is the Data Controller. We will suspend our processing of your personal information, except for the purposes of seeking instructions, until we hear from our client and either they or we respond to you.
If you believe we have not complied with your rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
If you have any comments or questions about our data protection and privacy practices, please contact us:
Data Protection Officer
Credit Style Limited
5 Rutland Court
161 Rutland Road
Telephone: 0330 045 0650